The Wakefield Walk in Centre on King Street is available from 10am until 10pm, 7 days a week.
The service provides same day support for patients and can provide urgent care for an acute condition that may be dealt with in a single visit to a clinician.
The centre is nurse-led with a mix of ANPs and nurses. GPs do not work at the Walk-in centre.
- Minor ear, nose and throat problems
- Sprains and strains
- Wound infections
- Minor burns and scalds
- Minor head injuries (over 2 years and under 65 years)
- Skin conditions
- Minor respiratory conditions such as cough
- Mild abdominal pain or discomfort
- Insect and animal bites and stings
- Minor eye problems
- Minor injuries to the back, shoulder and chest
- Wound dressings
- Emergency contraception
- Child under 6 months
- Dental problems
- Pregnant women
- Sick notes
- Repeat prescribing
- Head injuries in over 65s and under 2s
Slots are available via remote booking.
There is one diary to book into. Simply book into the next available slot and tell the patient to turn up at the walk-in centre who will be expecting them.
King St Walk-In Centre is located at 47 King St, Wakefield, WF1 2SN.
Parking on an evening is free after 6pm & on Sundays at:
- The Granary, Wolfpacks Yard, WF1 2TF
- Carter Street, WF1 1XQ
- Gills Yard, WF1 3BZ
On Saturdays – All other car parks listed above are available but do charge.
Merchant Gate (Westgate Train Station), WF1 2QN is cheapest and you validate when you leave. Good to recommend if you don’t know how long the patient is waiting for.