Pharmacists are now delivering medicines-related services in some GP practices.
How the service works
If you live with a long-term condition, or have complex care needs, you will receive regular planned reviews to ensure you are on the right medications and receive expert advice and support on how to better manage your medicines.
Our pharmacists are on hand to resolve everyday prescription queries and ensure you receive the right medications on discharge from hospital or other care settings.
- Undertake annual reviews of medicines by telephone or face-to-face for people with long term conditions or chronic disease
- Offer advice on how to manage medications safely and effectively
- Support transfer of medications on discharge from hospital
- Work with community pharmacists
- Resolve medication queries
- Help people to avoid unplanned admission to hospital
- Support the reauthorisation of prescriptions
- Resolve medication requests from hospital
- Provide urgent care support
- Work with local nursing homes