Chair Statement – MD Kate Brentley to step down from August 2018
Statement from Dr Shak Sarwar, Chair of Conexus Healthcare Ltd
It is with a mix of sadness and gratitude today that we announce Kate Brentley’s departure as Managing Director of Conexus Healthcare, effective August 2018.
Since 2017, Kate has played a hugely critical role in the development and success of our GP confederation, positioning us as one of the leading GP groups in this country. While we will miss her and her inspiring leadership, we wish her the very best of luck in her exciting new chapter in Abu Dhabi, where Kate and her family are relocating.
On behalf of the board, I would like to thank her for a phenomenal year which involved many significant achievements, including:
- Uniting Wakefield’s five GP federations and 38 practices to become one of the country’s first GP confederations.
- Driving forward the development and spread of Wakefield’s multi award-winning, accredited care navigation consultancy and training programme. With over 5,000 learners and more than 25 CCG areas adopting the model, we know millions of patients are being able to access the right care quicker thanks to this locally-developed approach, of which Kate’s leadership was key.
- Successfully providing primary care at scale in Wakefield through GP Care Wakefield; a highly-effective extended access service and NHS Health Checks.
- Recruiting and developing a skilled and passionate team.
- Winning two HSJ Value Awards in 2018 for ‘Improving the value of primary care services’ and ‘workforce efficiency’.
Over the next year, we will be conducting an extensive recruitment search to find the next Conexus Healthcare leader. During this transition period, I am delighted to announce that Antony Nelson of ADeNterprise Consulting will be taking over the reigns in the interim.
Antony, who has supported Conexus in the design and delivery of the GP Care Wakefield scheme, has the ability to lead our team and maintain a steady and effective organisation during this pivotal time in our development.
Again, we cannot thank Kate enough for the dedication, passion and ‘infectious’ enthusiasm she has given to our entire team. She will be greatly missed by us all.
We shall keep everyone posted during the transition period but please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Dr Shak Sarwar, Chair of Conexus Healthcare Ltd