Welcome to Conexus Healthcare
Conexus Healthcare is the GP confederation (groups of GP practices) for all practices in the Wakefield District.
Formed in 2017 by Wakefield’s five GP federations, our member practices work collaboratively as part of a confederation so that we can deliver greater benefits for patients across Wakefield and:
Conexus Healthcare is a limited company formed and owned by its members; all 35 GP practices across Wakefield and Pontefract, serving over 370,000 people respectively.
The day to day running of the company is through a dedicated management team. The company is managed by a board of five directors who also serve as full-time GPs in their own practices and chair their own local GP federations.
Voting rights are equally shared and full quorum (director or delegated) is required for decisions.
The GP Confederation has an agreed Constitution in place in the form of its Articles of Association and Shareholders’ Agreement that was consulted on and agreed with GP member practices.
You can find out more about the Conexus team here
Conexus Healthcare Annual Report
Our annual report outlines our achievements in General Practices and Primary Care Networks (PCN) for the 12 months from June 2020 to May 2021.
Some of our successes include:
- Extending our usual Evening and Weekend service to quickly support patients and practices as they continued to navigate their way through the pandemic and vaccine roll out.
- Welcoming and supporting three Primary Care Networks enabling them to build on their existing primary care services and offer more personalised and integrated healthcare to their patients.
- Working with local partners to provide a COVID testing service for vulnerable patients in response to the pandemic.
- Delivering 129 FREE training sessions to 1852 clinical and non-clinical practice staff in Wakefield.
- Collaborating with our partners and winning the Clinical Team category of the PharmaTimes International Clinical Researcher of the Year award 2021.
To find out more, read our Conexus Healthcare Annual Report 2021.